Discount Admission for Challenged Individuals and Accompanying Person
Challenged individuals need only to present their Japanese ID certifying their disability status at the TFAM reception counter and they, along with one accompanying person, are eligible for a 50% discount on admission.
TFAM’s Barrier-Free Facilities and Services
- There is one multipurpose restroom in our new Main Museum Building and two more in the new Wing.
- The multipurpose restroom on the first floor of the New Wing is equipped with an easy-accessible, barrier-free toilet seat.
- 10 courtesy wheelchairs are available on upon request at the TFAM entrance
- Every elevator is wheelchair-friendly
- Every entrance/exit door in the New Wing are automatic.
- Both Main Museum and New Wing entrance/exit doors feature slopes for easy wheelchair access
Special Parking Shoulder for the Disabled
- Physically challenged visitors who are coming to TFAM by car or taxi can alight from their vehicle in front of the New Wing entrance at our special parking shoulder, where up to five cars can be parked at the shoulder.
- Guide dogs for the sight- and hearing-impaired, as well as the physically challenged may accompany their owners.
- Ostomate facilities are available in the Main Museum and New Wing buildings for visitors with colostomy and artificial urinary bladders.
Visitors Accompanied by Infants
- Five courtesy baby strollers are available without charge on request at the museum entrance
- A nursing room is available for mothers on request
- Diaper changing tables are also available at the multipurpose restrooms
- A number of private restrooms are equipped with diaper changing tables and seats for small children
- Visitors who are not feeling well or who wish to nurse their infants should approach a member of our museum staff to use our First-Aid Room
- An automated external defibrillator, or AED, has been installed in the New Wing entrance hall and Main Museum Building lobby.